Keratin hair extensions are a blessing in disguise quite literally! Whether it is to cover up the thin spots on the scalp or to give some extra volume or length to the existing locks, keratin hair extensions come in handy. So, go ahead and give yourself a boost of confidence along with life to your hair.
Keratin hair extensions are known by several other names as well including U-tips, nail tips and keratin fusion. They basically consist of tiny strands of real hair pre-bonded with a keratin-based adhesive.Using a low heat extension, the glue is melted allowing it to attach to the natural hair securely. This process is best done by an experienced stylist.
Top 10 Ways to Maintain Keratin Hair Extensions
If you take care of your keratin hair extensions well, they can easily last you anywhere between 3 and 6 months. Made of real human hair, taking care of them is quite similar to how you would take care of your natural hair. Read on to know more.
- Let the glue of the keratin hair extensionsset in properly by not washing your locks for two days right after your appointment.Even after that, wash them only about thrice or a maximum of four times weekly and not every day. Dry shampoocan help you take care of greasy roots on days you don’t wash your locks.
- Remember to brush and detangle your keratin hair extensions before you step into the shower. Start from the ends, gradually moving up and be as gentle as you can.
- A detangling brush or an extension brush is quite a useful investment you should consider making for the proper upkeep of your keratin hair extensions. Use it to thoroughly and gently brush through your hair at least once a day to keep them free of knots and tangles.
- Use a mild, sulfate-free shampooand conditioner with plenty of proteins and moisturizer made especially for use on extensions that will ensure thorough yet gentle cleaning of your locks. A leave-in conditioner and some natural oils are recommended too.
- The proper way to wash your hair is to wet it, apply the shampoo and gently rub taking care not to scrub and disturb the keratin hair extension The ideal way is to work top down. Rinse off well using warm water.
- Apply conditioner from the mid-shaft to the ends and not the scalp, as it not only turns the hair greasy, but also increases the risk of damage to the keratin hair extensions. Wait for a short while and rinse off thoroughly.
- Towel dry your wet hair and air dry them for safety and the best results. In case you are in a hurry, apply a heat protectant spray and use a blow dryer at the lowest heat settings to safeguard your keratin hair extensions.Ensure to dry the roots of your hair thoroughly as damp bonded hair may lead to fungal and scalp issues.
- Blow drying, curling and straightening are all possible with your keratin hair extensions just like your natural hair.Just pay careful attention to the temperature setting andalso avoid concentrating heat on the bonded areas of hair.Too much heat can cause the bonds to melt off causing the keratin hair extensions to fall off.
- Your keratin hair extensions can also be styled just like your real hair using gel, mousse and other styling products. Just stick to lightweight formulas free of oils, parabens, sulfates, and siliconesas heavy product buildup may weaken the bonds of the keratin hair extensions.
- Don’t forget your periodic trims to even out hair growth and keep thekeratin hair extensions looking fresh and gorgeous.
Keratin hair extensions are a great investment for those lovely locks that can transform your entire look and style. But you need to ensure their quality for them to last.Tirumala Hair is one of the reputed human hair suppliers from India. We source hair donated as part of normal religious ritual from the temples all over the country, clean and process it into extensions of the highest quality. Call us to get them at the most affordable price and enjoy a great hair day always!